One of the questions we get all the time from the MySurveyExpert community is how to create products.
Here’s the problem: Either people don’t have a clue where to start creating their first product or they’ve created products that bombed, because they didn’t know how to give their customers the products they want.
Ultimately, that’s what it all boils down to: Figuring out what people want, so you can give it to them.
And doing that is absolutely dead simple, if you use a product creation survey.
Today, I’m going to give you a super simple road map for creating products your customers will absolutely BEG to buy.
If you already have a list of customers and prospects, here’s what you do:
- Pick a topic within your business that you THINK your customers would be interested in.
- The first question in your survey is, “What’s your number one question about X or your #1 problem with X?” If you think it’s really something that’s a BIG problem for your folks, this one works even better: “What’s the #1 thing about X that keeps you awake at night?”
- Think of 4 different topics related to this problem that you could create a product about. Keep them simple, don’t make them too general or too specific–things like: “Information about how to set up a fan page on Facebook” or “Information about how to set up a squeeze page,” something like that.
- List those 4 things and ask people whether they’re “very interested,” “somewhat interested,” or “not interested at all” in that topic.
- Make a list of all the ways you might deliver a product–ebook, recorded audio, video, live coaching or webinar, etc. Ask them to pick the top 2 ways they like to learn. Remember, you may end up creating multiple products on this topic–you might start out with something simple, like a recorded interview, to generate some capital while you build a bigger product.
- Write a brief description for a product you might create–like “A recorded interview with an expert on X that you could download and listen to as often as you wanted.” Give them 3 possible price points that aren’t too far apart and that are all within a range of what you think you want to sell the product for and ask them which one is a price they think is fair for the product. (When you get the results, remember that people tend to “underreport” what they’ll pay; so if you get 30% or so of folks saying they’ll pay the price you want to charge, you should be in pretty good shape.
You’re done! Put the survey up, using a free tool like Survey Monkey (if you’re a MySurveyExpert member, remember that there’s a dead simple video in the membership site that tells you how to program a survey in Survey Monkey). Remember, you can create a custom link now in Survey Monkey.
Blast out an email to your list, inviting them to take the survey. REMEMBER, you need to tell them WHAT’S IN IT FOR THEM, in 2 ways.
First, tell them that you have had lots of interest in Topic X from your customers and you want to be sure you give them EXACTLY what they want, so you want to hear from them.
Second, offer them an incentive. It might be a free report, a free video, a free consult–anything they’ll see as valuable.
You can redirect them to the download page for the freebie once they complete the survey–that’s easy to do in Survey Monkey.
And, if you want to make it even better, give everyone a chance to win something cool (in addition to the free report): Tell them everyone who completes the survey will be entered into a contest for a free iPad or something like that. (Remember, spending $500 or so to create a product that could earn thousands of dollars for you is a pretty good deal!)
That’s really all there is to creating a winning product!
Success Stories“A wonderful offering for busy entrepreneurs and business owners” "Jeanne Hurlbert's survey system is a wonderful offering for busy entrepreneurs and business owners who want to be in continual, 'customer-centric' dialogue with their prospects and clients, a systematic approach you can build on for years to come. Even better, Jeanne practices what she preaches — she goes the extra mile again and again to serve us, and I'm confident she'll do the same for you."
~ Saniel Bonder, spiritual author and teacher, Pres. of Extraordinary Empowerments (www.heartgazing.com).
“Jeanne’s Really Been a Genius at Showing Me How Important Surveys Are.” "Jeanne's an amazing gal who truly is an exceptional, unique person who really understands the power of surveys. Surveys are just a different way to talk to people and ask them a little about what they're doing and why they want to do it with you. The more you know, the better you can serve people. Jeanne's really been a genius at helping me realize how important that is. She's helped me put a structure into place so when I'm on the Internet working with people I can find out what they really want so I can do a better job of giving them what they want. That's the key—but sometimes we think people want to do "this," and in actuality, they'd rather do it "this way." Whatever it is you're doing, whether it's finances or dating or relationships or just business on the Internet, and you want to find out how to do it better, Jeanne's programs are fantastic. Anything she does, I'm always dialed into. She's just a genius at taking what you're doing and making it better, so you can do it more effectively and you can reach the people you want to more effectively. If you get Jeanne's stuff, read it, be disciplined at it, it will transform your business, as it has mine."
~ New York Times #1 Bestselling Author, Jorge Cruise
"Had I Done a Survey on My Own, I Would Have Wasted a Ton of Time and Potential Opportunity."
- Steve Fultz, Stuph Clothing
"Jeanne’s Really Been a Genius at Showing Me How Important Surveys Are.”
- New York Times #1 Bestselling Author, Jorge Cruise
"…surveys are the newest old way of cutting through the clutter on the Internet and getting the information you need to double or triple your sales"
- Susan Harrow, CEO of www.PRSecrets.com & author of Sell Yourself Without Selling Your Soul