Traffic is pretty much the “Holy Grail” of online marketing. But traffic is useless if you can’t CONVERT it into SALES.
To do that, you not only need to know “who they are,” you need to know why they came. Because if you give them what they came for, you increase dramatically the chances that they’ll buy.
Enter the “intent index,” which measures EXACTLY why people go online and gives us an awesome opportunity.
Here are some of the things the “intent index” tells us and what they mean for us, as online marketers:
- People are more than twice as likely to go online to be entertained (82%) and to learn (88%) than to do business (39%) or to shop (31%). Which means that if we entertain them, we increases the chances they’ll buy. So try putting a quiz on your site–they’re fun and highly entertaining AND they educate people, which is why they can up conversions by as much as 80%!
- At least 72% go online to find a community. So give them one! Give folks a chance to connect on your blog or in forums. Better yet, create a special community for them by starting a membership site! We have a survey template for creating a membership site to order, in our new product.
- Seniors are a HUGE group that is increasingly going online. Like younger visitors, they come online to have fun (82%) and to socialize (80%). So you can expand your market by targeting quizzes SPECIFICALLY at senior prospects.
Increasingly, then, intent is a “new demographic.”
Do these statistics apply to YOUR customers and prospects? Do you know WHY people come to your site?
Find out! Do surveys to find out why people are coming so you’ll know how to keep them coming back!
Success Stories“A wonderful offering for busy entrepreneurs and business owners” "Jeanne Hurlbert's survey system is a wonderful offering for busy entrepreneurs and business owners who want to be in continual, 'customer-centric' dialogue with their prospects and clients, a systematic approach you can build on for years to come. Even better, Jeanne practices what she preaches — she goes the extra mile again and again to serve us, and I'm confident she'll do the same for you."
~ Saniel Bonder, spiritual author and teacher, Pres. of Extraordinary Empowerments (www.heartgazing.com).
“Jeanne’s Really Been a Genius at Showing Me How Important Surveys Are.” "Jeanne's an amazing gal who truly is an exceptional, unique person who really understands the power of surveys. Surveys are just a different way to talk to people and ask them a little about what they're doing and why they want to do it with you. The more you know, the better you can serve people. Jeanne's really been a genius at helping me realize how important that is. She's helped me put a structure into place so when I'm on the Internet working with people I can find out what they really want so I can do a better job of giving them what they want. That's the key—but sometimes we think people want to do "this," and in actuality, they'd rather do it "this way." Whatever it is you're doing, whether it's finances or dating or relationships or just business on the Internet, and you want to find out how to do it better, Jeanne's programs are fantastic. Anything she does, I'm always dialed into. She's just a genius at taking what you're doing and making it better, so you can do it more effectively and you can reach the people you want to more effectively. If you get Jeanne's stuff, read it, be disciplined at it, it will transform your business, as it has mine."
~ New York Times #1 Bestselling Author, Jorge Cruise
"Had I Done a Survey on My Own, I Would Have Wasted a Ton of Time and Potential Opportunity."
- Steve Fultz, Stuph Clothing
"Jeanne’s Really Been a Genius at Showing Me How Important Surveys Are.”
- New York Times #1 Bestselling Author, Jorge Cruise
"…surveys are the newest old way of cutting through the clutter on the Internet and getting the information you need to double or triple your sales"
- Susan Harrow, CEO of www.PRSecrets.com & author of Sell Yourself Without Selling Your Soul